HotBin Mk.2 200 litre Composting Bin description
- Capacity: Approx. 200 litres
- Colour: Black.
- Free delivery*. (* see below).
- Produces compost every 90 days without the need for forking or tumbling.
- Material: Expanded polypropylene (Arpro® EPP is 100% recyclable).
- Short-stem thermometer in lid to keep an eye on the temperature.
- Long-stem thermometer for providing accurate temperatures, especially in the early stages. (+extras unit/twin pack only)
- Airtight lid to reduce smells and unwanted visitors.
- Aeration valve plate to moderate temperature.
- Biofilter unit to stop any unfriendly smells.
- Insulated walls to keep it hot to help rapid composting.
- Aeration base plate to disperse air within the bin.
- Easy to remove hatch door panel to take out mature compost.
- 25 litre bag of bulking agent (composted wood chip) to use if recycling food waste. (+extras unit/twin pack only).
- Raking stick. (+extras unit/twin pack only).
- Winter 'kick start' heater (also known as a 'hot water bottle'). A 2-litre HDPE screw top container that acts like a hot water bottle for the bacteria allowing them to resume their activity even if it is very cold. (+extras unit/twin pack only).
- 2 x Cam Straps. These straps are tightly wrapped around each unit to hold the hatch panel in place when pressure can be exerted on it during the early stages of compost breakdown.
- Dimensions: W: 550mm x D: 550mm (675mm with lid open) x H: 1145mm (1605mm with lid open)
- Empty Weight: 7 Kg.
- 3 year guarantee.
* Please note: Delivery is free to the UK mainland however there are delivery charges applied when delivering elsewhere:
Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland & Highlands £25 delivery charge.
Channel Islands, Isle of Man & the Shetland Islands £40 delivery charge.
Code for Sustainable Homes Credits
This compost bin can contribute towards gaining your 1 WAS3 Composting credit when used in an appropriate situation and solution, as the criteria states below:-
- Home composting facilities must consist of an external composting container, specifically designed for composting, sited according to the manufacturer’s instructions and accessed by route in accordance with the requirement of Checklist IDP. Such containers must not be sited in close proximity to windows, doors or ventilation intakes for habitable areas within the dwelling or surrounding dwellings.
"Code for Sustainable Homes Technical Guide November 2010"